presenting unrecalled items.

Didem didem.pehlivanoglu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 18:01:53 UTC 2013

Hello,

In my experiment, participants are shown with word pairs. Then, they are
presented with the first words one at a time on the screen and asked to
type its pair (second word) on the screen.
If they can't remember, they press "enter" button to skip. The thing I am
trying to do is to present the words which they skipped by pressing enter
button in another list after this list is completed.
In other words, second list should include only the words they skipped in
the first list.
This setup similar to your sample "rerun errors" in e-prime website but
instead of errors I want to include no response trials. So I cannot use the
script in that sample. Its (rerun errors)script is below:

'ErrorCount is used to keep track of the number of trials
'on which the response is incorrect.  The total is then
'used to assign the number of samples to be run to repeat
'error trials.
g_nErrorCount = 0

'On incorrect trials, write the current trial info to the
'RerunList object, which is run after TrialList.
If Stim.ACC = 0 Then
 g_nErrorCount = g_nErrorCount + 1
 If g_nErrorCount > 1 Then
  RerunList.AddLevel g_nErrorCount
 End If
 RerunList.SetWeight g_nErrorCount, 1
 RerunList.SetProc g_nErrorCount, "RerunProc"
 RerunList.SetAttrib g_nErrorCount, "Stimulus", c.GetAttrib("Stimulus")
 RerunList.SetAttrib g_nErrorCount, "CorrectAnswer",
c.GetAttrib("CorrectAnswer")
End If

'If errors occur, run RerunList
'Set number of samples from ErrorCount
If g_nErrorCount > 0 Then
 Set RerunList.TerminateCondition = Cycles(1)
 Set RerunList.ResetCondition = Samples(g_nErrorCount)
 RerunList.Reset
Else
 'No error trials to run
 GoTo EndOfBlock