Specify key press before proceding to the next trial

Deiniol Skillicorn deinskilli at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 16:01:34 UTC 2013

Hello fellow eprimers,
I have a task where participants are presented with cues and they must rate
them on a 1-9 scale. They then get feedback.

I want participants to enter a digit and then move onto the next slide by
pressing another button. Also, I only want them to be able to move on if
they have entered a digit from 1 to 9.
I am using the echoclient (on the Stage1word slide) so that participants
can see the digit they are entering. I have read around and the mouse seems
to be a good method to move onto the next slide. I have set up a text box
at the bottom of the stage1word slide to act as a button and called the
text box "result"
Participants are able to enter a digit and proceed to the next trials
unsing the mouse.  However, they can also proceed to the next trial by NOT
entering a reponse or by entering a response outside the specified range
(i.e. 1-9).
 Here is the inline code I am using.  I think I need to specifiy an
if..then rule for numebrs thta have been logged but I have no idea how.
Any suggestions would be appreciated

Deiniol

 'Designate "theState" as the Default Slide State, which is the
 'current, ActiveState on the Slide object "Stimulus"
 Dim theState as SlideState
 Set theState = Stage1Word.States("Default")
 Dim strHit As String
 Dim theMouseResponseData As MouseResponseData
 Dim nResponseCount As Long

Do While Stage1Word.InputMasks.IsPending()
 'If the counts do not match, there are responses to process.
 If nResponseCount <> Stage1Word.InputMasks(2).Responses.Count Then
  nResponseCount = nResponseCount + 1
  'Get the mouse response
  Set theMouseResponseData =
CMouseResponseData(Stage1Word.InputMasks(2).Responses(nResponseCount))
  'Determine string name of SlideImage or SlideText object at
  'mouse click coordinates. Assign that value to strHit
  strHit = theState.HitTest(theMouseResponseData.CursorX,
theMouseResponseData.CursorY)
  'Compare string name where mouse click occurred to CorrectAnswer
  'attribute on each trial, and score response
  'NOTE: This comparison is case sensitive
  If strHit = "Result" Then
       'Goto label2
    Stage1Word.InputMasks(1).Timeout
    Stage1Word.InputMasks(2).Timeout