Autoit scripts for running multiple tasks

Anne-Wil liwenna at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 10:32:32 UTC 2013

Hoi Iske,

Please, find the scripts attached. A bit of warning though: I have used
them once or twice, but soon abandoned them again: they are not very
'intelligent' scripts: they just fetch keyboard strokes and feed them to
'the computer'. If at any point the computer is not waiting (not yet ready
for instance) for the specific input that the script provides, mayhem will
occur and the script will start opening all the files one after another.
Therefore the testleader needs to be careful only to touch the right
buttons at the right time, the participants instructed to not touch any
buttons while the program switches from one ebs2 file to the next, neither
should be frightened if the computer starts doing all sorts of things at
once (after closing all the programs one can then opt to open 'the normal
manual way'), and your experiment should allow for such a thing to happen.
I generally would advice against using them.... especially with student
testleaders, but also with FMRI experiments (given your affiliation :) ),
where you don't want to expose your participant to a (testleader frightened
of the) computer doing 'things on his own' ;)

Nowadays I just undertake the boring job of merging experiments. Although
for some reason it doesn't work here at Leiden university, the newer
e-prime versions allegedly allow for pasting between experiments, which
should make that job a tad more easy....

Groet,

Anne-Wil