changing border color of a slide image after clicking on it

haslinger.hans11 at gmail.com haslinger.hans11 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 14:23:03 UTC 2013

Hallo everybody

At the moment I am programming a multiple choice test.
In this test, there is a Stimulus (a slide image) and 4 possible answers
(slide images) given.
The subjects have to choose one of the 4 answers by clicking on it.

At the same time there is a sound-file presented, which is a little story
describing the stimulus-image.
The subjects can answer until the complete story is presented.
So far it was no huge problem for me.

But now i want to highlight the given answer by changing the border color
of the slide image that has been clicked.

By now I could only accomplish, that the border color changes in the
following slide state but not in the current one.
I also didn't accomplish, that the border color changes back to the
original color in the next slide states.

I hope you understand what my Problem is and could give me a hand.

Best regards
Hans

Here is the inline code I produced so far (the green part is what i've
tried by myself to solve my problem. The rest of the code works fine so
far):

 Dim theState as SlideState
 Set theState = ExternalCausesSlide.States("Default")
 Dim next_mX as Long, next_mY as Long
  Dim strHit As String
  Dim theMouseResponseData As MouseResponseData

       'Was there a response?
        If ExternalCausesSlide.InputMasks.Responses.Count > 0 Then
                'Get the mouse response
                    Set theMouseResponseData =
CMouseResponseData(ExternalCausesSlide.InputMasks.Responses(1))

                'Determine string name of SlideImage or SlideText object at
                'mouse click coordinates. Assign that value to strHit
                strHit = theState.HitTest(theMouseResponseData.CursorX,
theMouseResponseData.CursorY)

                'if strHit equals the two buttons, then strHit will be
logged, game will move onto next trial.

                      If strHit = ("Image1") or strHit = ("Image2") or
strHit = ("Image3")or strHit = ("Image4")  Then
                     c.SetAttrib "response", strHit
                'if click is off, then restart slide 2 so nothing changes
on the screen. no data will be logged in this case.
                     Else
                     Goto restart2
                        End If

'Compare string name where mouse click occurred to CorrectAnswer
'attribute on each trial, and score response
'NOTE: This comparison is case sensitive
If strHit = c.GetAttrib("CorrectEmotion") Then
ExternalCausesSlide.ACC = 1
Else
ExternalCausesSlide.ACC = 0
End If

If strHit = ("Image1") Then
Dim Image1 As SlideImage
Set Image1 =
CSlideImage(ExternalCausesSlide.States("Default").Objects("Image1"))
Image1.BorderColor = CColor("cyan")
End If
      End if