Two participants using one keyboard for response

Sheila Bouten sheila.bouten at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 17:30:34 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have two participants in my experiment using one keyboard to respond to a
memory task. For example, if they are shown an image they have seen before,
the participant on the left would press "Q" while the participant on the
right would press "N". If they hadn't seen the image before, the
participant on the left would press "W" while the participant on the right
would press "M". My problem is that my code makes it such that if one
participant accidentally presses one key twice, their response is recorded
twice and the other participant's response is not recorded. This data is
thrown out. Is there some code to prevent this by recording only one
keystroke from each half of the keyboard?

Thanks for your help!