SoundOut not playing first trial

semeon.risom at gmail.com semeon.risom at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 17:14:24 UTC 2014

I am running an E-Prime program that is a variation of the Audiovisual
Simultaneity task. Participants are asked whether an auditory stimulus was
played before or after a visual stimuli. Both have a duration of 10ms, and
each trial differs by the ISI between the two and the order of auditory
stimuli.

I'm noticing that the SoundOut file doesn't display for the first trial,
although it works for each additional trial. This is the case for all
possible SOA's and order. I'm not using a inline statement to run this
experiment, relying instead on the List Statement to feed ISI length to
either the 'before' or 'after' Proc statement. I'm running E-Prime
(2.0.8.90).

Any idea why the sound isn't working for the first trial?

Best,

SMR