Ramdomize the blocks while selecting a specific selection for a block in real time

Zh Wu wzhmelly at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 21:32:23 UTC 2014

Hi David,

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I did try to do that but I am not
sure how to let Eprime select a Random/Categorized BlockA and
Categorized/Random BlockB, because I want 1/4 of participants to do BlockA
randomly and then BlockB sequentially, 1/4 of participants to do BlockA
sequentially and then BlockB randomly, 1/4 of participants to do BlockB
randomly and then BlockA sequentially, and 1/4 of participants to do BlockB
sequentially and then BlockA randomly.

Besides, the random list is not entirely random. I had to generate a
randomized (with restrictions) list through Python and use it for every
participant. So essentially the Randomized list is a sequential one.

Therefore, there are four lists: categorized BlockA, 'randomized' BlockA,
categorized BlockB, 'randomized' BlockB. I want Eprime to select one Block
A and one Block B, the two of which has opposite selections (one
categorized, the other 'randomized').

Is it possible to be done through Eprime? Looking forward to your reply!