E-Prime Stability

Eric at ericwalden.net Eric at ericwalden.net
Thu Feb 13 04:53:39 UTC 2014

I agree that it is not that stable.  I had a new PhD ask about it and
suggested that he learn Matlab.  Cut and paste is insane.  Movies are ...
well today I filled at a survey about features in EPrime 3.0 and I told
them they should fire the people who developed the movie modules and then
sue them for industrial espionage because there is no way that programming
that bad was a mistake.  Codec issues make it worse, but the underlying
programming is awful.  Today it was telling me that a goto label that was
there did not exist, which is strange not only because I cut pasted the
name, but also because it had worker a few hours earlier and I had not
changed anything.  Their documentation and online community is awful.  This
group and, David McFarland in particular, are the only thing that makes it
usable for complex things.

If you do stuff that is pretty standard and don't try to cut and paste it
works OK, but I would say EPrime 2 is still in the beta stage and not
really ready for release.