Mathematical task (or DRM paradigm, actually)

Shanna E. A. Hegerty shanna.e.adams at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 19:35:37 UTC 2014

Thank you! Yes, this message had the wrong subject as I accidentally
replied to an old message to send it. I figured someone had made a DRM for
E-prime and was curious to know if there was an "officially" accepted
version. It seems that too often a bunch of labs come up with different
versions of the same task and then it's difficult to compare results across
studies. Thank you very much for prompt reply!

Shanna

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Susan Campbell <susangc7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I implemented one about 10 years ago -- I'm sure there's a newer one
> somewhere. It's super-basic, but it seems to work with the newest version
> of E-Prime, and it has the word lists, etc.
>
> http://step.psy.cmu.edu/scripts/Memory/RoedigerMcDermott1995.html
>
> HTH,
> Susan
>
> On Thursday, January 23, 2014 1:54:03 PM UTC-5, seah wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to ask if anyone knows if a simple DRM
>> (Deese-Roediger-McDermott) e-prime script is available for use in research.
>> It is a very widely used task for Psychology in which word lists are
>> presented followed by a recognition task. It's often presented orally but
>> lends itself to text presentation with E-prime. Rather than create a whole
>> new version, I would like to use a previously accepted version if possible.
>> If anyone knows of or has access to such a script, please let me know.
>> Thank you very much!
>>
>> Shanna Hegerty
>>

>> On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 3:03 PM, Shai Aviram <shai.... at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I need to design a mathematical task
>>> this is a simple task in which the student will see 10 mathematical
>>> exercises and he needs to solve them sequentiality (from top one to the
>>> last one)
>>> to design this task I need the ability to present a set of exercises
>>> (vertically) and allow user the answer each exercise (input field) and see
>>> what he types on screen. and allow him to advance to the next exercise
>>> it should something like this:
>>>
>>> 223 + 123 = 346  (example for answer exercise by student)
>>>
>>> 120 + 150 = 270  (example for answer exercise by student)
>>>
>>> 300 + 400 = ____ (this is the current exercise the student need to
>>> answer)
>>>
>>> 150 + 150 = ____  (this is the next exercise for the student)
>>>
>>> and so on...
>>>
>>> I would like to know if this design is possible to be designed in
>>> E-prime?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>>  --
>>>

>> --

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/e-prime/8efe8577-df6e-40de-a1d5-520d39209dc9%40googlegroups.com
> .

Shanna Elizabeth Adams Hegerty
Graduate Student - Cognitive Sciences, Brains and Behavior Fellow
Georgia State University
GSU email address: sadams12 at student.gsu.edu