Resetting the clock upon trigger onset.

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Jan 30 16:43:39 UTC 2014

Eric,

You should ask PST Support about this (see link below).  AFAIK
E-Prime does not allow for resetting the global session clock, nor
should it.  (In fact, the PsychoPy folks have had this discussion
with regards to their ioHub facility, with the same
conclusion.)  Allowing for such an activity would open the way to too
much abuse & mistakes.

When I have wanted to have times reported relative to some global
starting time (e.g., quality check of fMRI designs), I have just
added some inline code to compute & log the adjusted values at
runtime.  In fact, once I have gone that far, it's not too much more
trouble to add a final global quality check, along with raising an
alarm to notify users at the end of a session about things they
should look at in the .edat file.  With a little bit of effort you
can have E-Prime take care of all sorts of details for you.

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter:  @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster )

/----
Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
take any and all questions at https://support.pstnet.com , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours, so make full use of
it.  3) In addition, PST offers several instructional videos on their
YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/PSTNET ).  4) If you do
get an answer from PST staff, please extend the courtesy of posting
their reply back here for the sake of others.
\----