Converging trials with and without conditions into one Trial List...!!!

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Wed Jul 2 15:10:44 UTC 2014

Dilip,

I'm not sure that we're talking about the same thing.  You refer to
three Lists, a master List with two sub-Lists.  I am talking about
only one List that has rows for both types of trials, differentiated
by what Procedure you put in the Procedure column of each row.  Does
that make any sense?

As for the rest...  You use IFIS, eh?  Sigh.  Don't get me started on
IFIS, we used that mess years ago and were glad to discard it, we
just do straight E-Prime now and are happier for it.  So I do not
care to sink my mind into all the IFIS nuances just now.  But I do
recall that IFIS puts a few control Lists down in Unreferenced
E-Objects, and you have to pay close attention to those because some
of those values will override the control values up in your E-Prime
design.  (Unless, of course, you have some newer and nicer version of
IFIS that I do not know about.)  (And if you search the group for
"IFIS", you may find further statements from me at
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/e-prime/8e1YmtDQVNY .)

Best,
-----
David McFarlane