E-prime Triggers are partially but no completely read by Aquisition

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Jun 3 22:16:27 UTC 2014

Gabriel,

First, what Paul said -- if you have EP2.0.10 or
later, you should look into using the new Task Events feature instead.

Second, this thread seems to stem from
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/e-prime/HZbe0baSMeY .

Third, a couple odditities in your inline code fragments.  Your lines

     question2.OnsetSignalData ="2"

and

     WritePort &H378,"11"

just seem weird, are you sure that those do not read instead?

     question2.OnsetSignalData 2

and

     WritePort &H378, 11

?  (Oh, and you should use Constants instead of
"magic numbers" in your code, but that is another matter.)

Now, for the advice.  We have found that when we
have EP output a signal to an external device
(e.g., EEG), we then have to have EP reset the
output port to 0 before another output will
work.  Remember, EP does *not* output *pulses*,
it merely sets the output to your data and then
leaves it there until you do something to change
it (I go over this in a lesson on my course).  I
imagine that your Onset & OffsetSignal data
normally take care of setting the output, and
then later resetting it to 0.  Your WritePort
does not.  You would need to do another WritePort
to reset the output at some appropriate time, or
another OnsetSignal, etc.  Task Events can make
it very nice to setup both the signal and the reset for any stimulus object.

Just a thought.  Good luck.

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter:  @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster)

/----
Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2)
PST's trained staff take any and all questions at
https://support.pstnet.com , and they strive to
respond to all requests in 24-48 hours, so make
full use of it.  3) In addition, PST offers
several instructional videos on their YouTube
channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/PSTNET
).  4) If you do get an answer from PST staff,
please extend the courtesy of posting their reply
back here for the sake of others.
\----