Prerelease and data logging

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 10:00:28 UTC 2014

from http://www.pstnet.com/support/kb.asp?TopicID=3025

*Lastly, it is also important to keep in mind exactly what the Onset Time
property is telling you. The Onset Time property will give you a timestamp
of the exact time in which the display began to draw.*

But you will find more relevant pages when you use keywords as eprime,
onssettime, LCD, etc.

So, the OnsetTime has no direct relation with the time that E-Prime is
*preparing* the stimulus in memory during the pre-release time of the
previous object.

Note that the actual pixel responses depend on the hardware that is being
used, and the pixel location on the display. If it is really critical, you
should check the real onsets using a light sensor and oscilloscope.

Paul