Running tasks remotely, via VNC?

Ted Snyder ted.snyder at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 16:16:33 UTC 2014

E-Prime Experts,

Do any of you have experience using VNC--or similar protocols--to run your
tasks remotely?

I work in a sleep lab, and we'd like to use E-Prime to generate stimuli
while our participants are sleeping. We have computers in the participant's
rooms running the script, but we need to control the task without entering
the room and disturbing their sleep. We've experimented with Remote Desktop
and various VNC clients, but they all seem pretty flaky--despite everything
being on the same LAN and connected by gigabit ethernet.

Do you have any recommendations for running E-Prime tasks remotely? Any
suggestions for tackling this problem?

Thanks for your help and expertise.

Regards,
-Ted Snyder