E-Prime and I-View: Gaze contingency

Sonia Bansal ainos1785 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 16:24:51 UTC 2014

 I have managed to script an experiment in E-prime and set the
communication and eye tracking up, but am having trouble with the gaze
contingency part of the experiment.

Basically, I have a fixation window/AOI set up around the central fixation,
and when subject's eyes leave that window and look towards a peripheral
target, I want that eye movement to trigger the next slide to be presented.
(I just want to force fixation at the centre at the beginning of the trial
for a certain period of time).

What I have tried is set and enabled an AOI to obtain a count of the number
of gaze data samples  that are within that AOI, and for at least let's say
500 hits(calculated based on required fixation duration and sampling rate),
that fixation screen is to stay on before a target (next slide) comes on.

Any help with this would be highly highly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Sonia