USB port TMS

Annchen Knodt aknodt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 16:54:32 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I've been referring to this older post for help getting E-prime to send
output signals to a USB device: MCC USB-1208FS.  Since Eprime doesn't have
any native functionality for communicating with a USB I'd like to try using
the DLL the comes with the device's "Universal Library" installation as
David suggests below.  However, I can't find any instructions for working
with Eprime anywhere in the UL documentation (and the rep I chatted with at
MCC help had never heard of Eprime), so I'm hoping that someone might be
able to clarify two things for me:

1) Which MCC DLL file to I link to in Eprime? (and what is the syntax of
the Declare statement?)  The MCC rep said I should use cbw64.dll, but I'm
not sure if he's right since he didn't really know what I was talking about
2) What inline commands then do I use in Eprime to send the signal to the
USB?  We had previously used WritePort with a different device that's been
replaced with this USB

Thanks!

Annchen Knodt