Referring to another List's "Weight" Attribute in Inline code

Lindsey Tate lindsey.renee2512 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 04:56:39 UTC 2014

Hi group,

I'm currently working on a project where I need to create a modified Free
and Cued Selective Reminding Test (FCSRT). I'm using 36 total stimuli sets,
which each include a picture and two cues. There are three phases:
Encoding, Free Recall, and Cued Recall. First, the participants are shown
all 36 pictures with their cues. Then they recall as many as they can
without cues. Finally, they go through a somewhat-complicated-to-code Cued
Recall.

The first important rule is that we're only going to have participants
learn 24 of the items.

The second important rule is that any item that is recalled once is
"checked off the list" of the 24 items they need to learn. Any items
recalled during Free Recall are part of the 24.

So here's basically what needs to happen:
(1) Encoding
(2) Free Recall
(3) Experimenter inputs (into E-Prime) which items were recalled by
participant; E-Prime removes those items from being presented in Cued Recall
(4) E-Prime "sets aside" 12 items that weren't recalled during the Free
Recall
(5) Cued Recall -- E-Prime then presents cues from the not-yet-recalled
items from the partial list (the 24 item list)
(6) Experimenter inputs (into E-Prime) which items were recalled by
participant

We were thinking that we could use the Weight Attribute for this purpose.
Specifically, if there is a specific experimenter input (that the
participant recalled an item) then set the Weight Attribute equal to zero.
We were thinking something like c.SetAttrib "Weight", "0" would work,
except we need to refer to the Attribute outside of it's context. For
example, when the Free Recall is done, we need to be able to set weights in
another List equal to zero. We could also use this method to do step #4 by
choosing a random number 1-36 and if its weight is still equal to 1 then
(new) weight equals 0 (loop x12).

Can you do this? Can you refer to Weight as an Attribute? How do you refer
to an Attribute outside of its context (e.g., can your write
OtherListsName.SetAttrib "Weight")?

I appreciate any and all assistance on this.

Thank you,
Lindsey