Alternative PCI card to interface with Biopac

ekwing erikkwing at gmail.com
Wed May 21 16:00:16 UTC 2014

Hello,

First, I realize this question is a bit atypical as it's hardware, however,
after talking with Biopac and local Tech services I wanted to make sure
none of you had encountered the same issue and found a better solution.

Our current set-up for port forwarding involves a direct connection between
a NI PCI-6503 card <http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/1108>via the E-Prime computer's PCI slot and the MP150 25-pin printer port.
 However, we are currently in the process of upgrading our computers, and
the new computers have a slimmer shell/tower that is not physically large
enough to house the PCI-6503 in the PCI slot.

Because, according to the E-Prime knowledge base<http://www.pstnet.com/support/kb.asp?TopicID=3023>,
a USB to Parallel connection will not work, the only solution we have come
up with so far is to purchase two of these<http://www.cooldrives.com/index.php/1popcto4xpci.html?fee=1&fep=63&utm_source=merchantcntr2014>(we have two set-ups).

So, to simplify, my main question is this- Does anyone know of an
alternative interface card that will adequately replace the NI PCI-6503
that comes in a low-form factor design?  If curious, the new computers are
Dell Optiplex 380s.