Switching slide states based on key-press

Danielle indigo.going.gone at gmail.com
Wed May 21 17:50:32 UTC 2014

Hi all,
Thanks in advance for your patience in my naive E-basic attempts.
I am currently attempting to alter an existing script that would allow
participants to hear a target when pressing a key and move on to the test
when they pressed any other key. This was accomplished using a loop while
command on a slide containing the target sound. The looped slide
automatically played the target sound, and the participant could repeat the
playing of this sound as many times as they liked before moving on to the
test.
I now would like for the participant to hear three target sounds, and then
for them to be able to repeat whichever target sound they like (1,2,3) via
button responses 1, 2, or 3, respectively, until they want to move on
(anything other than 1,2,3 would allow them to move on).
I created two new slide states calling upon target sound 2 (targreminder2)
and target sound 3 (targreminder3), and changed the name of the default
state to targreminder1.
I then eliminated the while/then loop and, based on some example text,
tried this code. I

Dim theState As SlideState
Set theState = LeftTargetReminder.States(LeftTargetReminder.ActiveState)
Select Case LeftTargetReminder.RESP
case "1"
  theState = LeftTargetReminder.States(LeftTargetReminder.targreminder1)
case "2"
  theState = LeftTargetReminder.States(LeftTargetReminder.targreminder2)
case "3"
  theState = LeftTargetReminder.States(LeftTargetReminder.targreminder3)
End Select

E-prime gives me the error: "targreminder1 is not a property of the object".
 Am I barking up the wrong tree completely? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Best,
Danielle