n-back/CRT - memory task

Anne-Wil liwenna at gmail.com
Sat May 24 12:09:46 UTC 2014

Hi Maayan,

I recently started e-priming again, after a bit of a break, so I am a bit
rusty on terminology and doing code top of my head, but... how about...:

have a triallist with two levels, and an attribute that codes for 'match'
or 'no match' - set weights or loops to get to the number of trials that
you need. Then on the session proc use inline code to generate random
numbers to be used on the slide, and store the bottom number in a user
defined variable. For a match trial, do not generate a random number for
the upper nunber, but simply use the number that was used as the bottom in
the previous trial (stored in your user defined variable). Thus only
generate a new random number for the buttom and store that number in your
user defined variable for use in the next trial. For a no-match trial,
create a loop that first generates a random number for the top, then checks
it against the previously used bottom number, and ends the loop if the two
are not the same number. Create an additional random number for the bottom
(and store it in the user defined variable for use in the next trial).

Hope this makes any sense, and that is enough to get you going again. What
you need to do is puzzle together the code for user defined variables,
random number generation, how to engage in one piece of code or another
based on the match/nomatch variable (or use two different procedures for
the two levels of the triallist) and how to create a loop.

best,

Anne-Wil