Auditory Recording and Onset timing

Stuart Quirk stuart.quirk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 14:31:11 UTC 2014

Thanks David for the many helpful posts I have read from you and others on
this group. Very kind of you and others to lend your expertise!

I have a question related to this topic--
I have separate mics for SRBOX (for RT data collection) and for line in
recording of actual answers (for offline accuracy coding).

My question is: Is there a way to set up my trials so that the RT trigger
ends the trial *after* a delay (long enough to capture the vocal answers)?
That is, ending the trial after the vocal trigger would obviously stop the
inline recording as well.
I have currently fixed the duration of each trial and simply log the RT.
This works fine but if I could link trial length to RT (plus 300msec or so)
I could shave a lot of time off my overall study.

thanks!
Stuart Quirk