Stimulus marker

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Sep 23 21:19:37 UTC 2014

Juan,

1) The name of the object referenced in the
Custom field of the Task Event must match the
name of the stimulus object that gets the
response.  "StimSlide" was just an example.  If
your stimulus object is named "Target", then you
must use "[Target.ACC]" (and BTW, capitalization does not matter).

2) Yes, the dependent measure logging is just for
the purpose of creating an attribute so that when
the Task Event calls for that attribute, it
exists (although you probably want to log it anyway).

3) Did you set PreRelease of Target to 0?  That alone might cause your error.

4) In a pinch, you might add an inline object
between Target and MarkerWait just to explicitly set the attribute:

     c.SetAttrib "Target.ACC", Target.ACC

but this may also fail if you do not set the
PreRelease of Target to 0 (think about it).

To be sure, I threw together a little demo of my
own, and it ran without any problem as long as I
enabled the proper logging.  If I turned off
logging, then I got the "attribute does not
exist" runtime error.  Just set Data Logging of
Target to "Standard" to be sure.

For the record, my test program still ran even
with PreRelease set to "(same as duration)", but
I expect that it did not produce the correct
output.  I did not hook up anything to look at
the output signals, so this was not a complete
test, but as I said at least the program did not crash.

Regards,
-- David McFarlane