Sending Keyboard responses to OnsetSignalPort

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri Sep 26 14:02:39 UTC 2014

Semeon,

That would be nice wouldn't it?  But I do not see any way to use the
stimulus OffsetSignal to output a response measure.  OffsetSignal
values are set statically before the stimulus object runs, so it does
not have any mechanism for outputting a value determined dynamically
during the stimulus.

But for other ideas on this, see the threads at
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/e-prime/z8PQMH1cf70 ,
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/e-prime/7w5ajYuHqgw , and
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/e-prime/OeiZ00V9SRc .  A few more comments:

- These threads boil down to using WritePort at the time of response.
- Alternatively, you could follow the stimulus with inline code to
set the OnsetSignalData of the next object, and let the next object
(e.g., a Wait object with Duration 0) output the signal.
- With Task Events, you could skip all the inline code and use an
object after your stimulus to output the response measure (see, e.g.,
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/e-prime/fAHqIoYiW1A ).

Hope that helps,
-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter:  @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster)

/----
Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) You may reach PST's
trained staff (and other support facilities) at
https://support.pstnet.com .  3) If you do get an answer from PST
staff, please extend the courtesy of posting their reply back here
for the sake of others.
\----