Latino language use

Brion van Over bvanover at COMM.UMASS.EDU
Thu Jul 17 18:30:58 UTC 2008

You might excerpt a chapter from "Growing Up Bilingual"
<http://books.google.com/books?id=05qVtLmGMtYC&dq=growing+up+bilingual&pg=PP1&ots=3qIM5BQF3n&sig=hTH2_pTkuFqvlMtiVfTb7Erl3Fg&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result>
by Ana Zentella. It's an ethno-linguistic investigation into the
experiences of immigrant families, many of whom speak only spanish, who
have children growing up in the Bronx. Some of the chapters are heavy on
the linguistic analysis, but others are much more ethnographic and might
be useful.

-Brion van Over