query - ethnographies of non-Western public speaking

Patricia Covarrubias pocb at UNM.EDU
Tue Apr 13 18:58:43 UTC 2010

David,
I don't know if I'm too late on this, but just in case.
In my book, 2002, Culture, communication, and cooperation:
Interpersonal relations and pronominal address in a
Mexican organization, Rowman and Littlefield Publishers,
Boulder, CO. (Soft cover edition 2005)

I address what I call "provisional relational alignments"
wherein workers using Mexican Spanish code switch pronouns
when they engage in public interaction (i.e.,. at business
meetings). Chapter 4 would be useful. I think your
university library has the book.

Patricia

Patricia O. Covarrubias Ph.D.
Associate Professor &