EC, new technology and emotion literature

Aly Waibel awaibel at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Wed Feb 22 04:44:19 UTC 2012

Hi Saskia,
This article came to mind when I read your post, about emotional and
physical response to online interaction.

Cheers,
Aly Waibel

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Saskia Witteborn <switteborn at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thank you, Jolane! This is helpful. And yes, please send along any other
> related literature.
>
> Greetings from Hong Kong,
> Saskia
>
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 12:06 AM, Jolane Flanigan <flanigan at comm.umass.edu
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi, Saskia,
>> A fascinating topic!  I spent some time with this as a focus for a piece
>> I wrote as a graduate student at UMass Amherst.  While much of the
>> emotion-centered analysis was edited out of the published version, the
>> echoes of it may still be audible.  (I'll attach the link here:
>> http://www.irma-international.**org/viewtitle/43672/<http://www.irma-international.org/viewtitle/43672/> )
>>
>> I'll keep thinking and send for thoughts as I have them.
>> Best,
>> Jolane Flanigan
>>
>> Quoting Saskia Witteborn <switteborn at GMAIL.COM>:
>>
>> I am looking for literature that has used an Ethnography of Communication
>>> or general ethnography approach to explore new technology and emotion.
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>> Saskia Witteborn

> --
> Saskia Witteborn
> Associate Professor
> School of Journalism and Communication
> Chinese University of Hong Kong
> Shatin, N.T.
> Hong Kong
> Phone: +852-3943-7668
> Fax: +852-2603-5007
> http://ihome.cuhk.edu.hk/~b111635/

Aly Waibel
Doctoral Student
Language, Reading and Culture Program
Western Mining Safety and Health Training Resource Center
College of Education, University of Arizona, Tucson
520-302-9840