EC Scholar receives White House Honor

Donal Carbaugh carbaugh at COMM.UMASS.EDU
Fri Jul 27 14:52:12 UTC 2012

Hello EC community,

I am thrilled to inform you that fellow ethnographer of communication, Rebecca Townsend, now of Manchester Community College, has been selected a Transportation Innovator of Change (see below). She will be honored this Tuesday at a White House event.

Becky brings energy and excellence to her ethnographic and community work, which is used to research and design local ways to aid transportation services. We are all very proud of her, a Champion of Change indeed!

Donal Carbaugh

Dear Rebecca,
Congratulations! You have been selected as a Transportation Innovators Champion of Change.  On Tuesday, July 31st, we will honor leaders who have devoted their time and efforts in developing innovative ways that transportation helps their community reach new heights. Transportation Innovators are individuals or organizations who have provided exemplary leadership in the growth and expansion of the transportation industry at the local, state or regional level.

Each week, the White House recognizes a different group of Americans who are making positive change in their communities. On July 31st, the White House, along with the U.S. Department of Transportation, will host the Transportation Innovators Champions of Change event.   During this event, we ask that you highlight your work as a Champion of Change with senior White House and U.S. DOT officials. In conjunction with this White House event, your story will also be featured on the White House website.

The event will be held on Tuesday, July 31st from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM EDT...

Again, congratulations on being selected as a 'Champion of Change,' and thank you for your contributions to your community and our nation.

Thank you,

The White House Champions of Change Program