2012 EC Publication Bulletin - please send references!

David Boromisza-Habashi dbh at COLORADO.EDU
Fri Jan 4 16:39:20 UTC 2013

Happy New Year, Everyone!

I would like to solicit references for the 2012 EC Publication Bulletin. You may recall that the Publication Bulletin serves as an annual showcase of scholarship conducted fully or partially in the ethnography of communication tradition. Let me ask you again to send me references to scholarly articles or book chapters you published in 2012, especially ones that exemplify, or draw on, the EC tradition.

You may ask: What standards do I use to determine whether or not a given publication counts as EC research? My answer this year is the same as it was last year: I will let you decide. To my mind, the purpose of the Publication Bulletin is not to canonize certain types of research as “proper EC” and to dismiss others as “not EC enough.” Rather, the purpose of the Bulletin is to give ETHNOCOMM subscribers a sense of the kind of scholarship the EC tradition currently inspires.

Please send me your references by the middle of January, and I will compile references soon afterwards.

Thank you for sharing your work and for keeping fellow subscribers informed about the latest in EC research!

Cheers, David

--
David Boromisza-Habashi, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor