Studies applying Social drama across societal levels?

Bingjuan Xiong bingjuan.xiong at COLORADO.EDU
Mon Nov 25 21:27:26 UTC 2013

Dear Colleagues,

Currently I am working on a project combining social drama and media rituals in the Chinese news coverage of a controversy and I wonder if there are studies and interpretations from Victor Turner, colleagues in anthropology, or scholars in other disciplines on how social drama operates across societal levels of analysis, or within the same level of analysis but across distinct societies.

Social drama that involves one society in relationship to another, or in relationship to a global system, might invoke parallels social dramas in an international setting.

Any ideas or recommendations of studies?

Thank you very much and wish you all a great fall break!!

All the best,

Bingjuan Xiong