Political Rock and War Correspondents

Mark Pedelty pedeltmh at UMN.EDU
Fri Sep 20 15:39:45 UTC 2013

Dear Colleagues in Ethnography of Communication,

Apologies in advance for promoting a few books. In addition to bald
promotion I'd like to connect with more comm ethnography colleagues who
share these areas of interest.

My ethnographic study of war correspondents in El Salvador has been
re-issued as an ebook. The Kindle
version<http://www.amazon.com/War-Stories-Culture-Foreign-Correspondents/dp/0415911249>is
$16.

Second, I wanted to bring my most recent ethnographic work to your
attention: Ecomusicology: Rock, Folk, and the
Environment<http://www.amazon.com/Ecomusicology-Rock-Environment-Mark-Pedelty/dp/1439907129/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379690036&sr=8-1&keywords=ecomusicology>
 (2012).

Finally, some of you might be interested in Political Rock, a volume I
edited along with Kristine Weglarz. A flyer is attached. While it is
currently $99 in hardback, a student discount code (A13HXJ50) cuts that
price in half. If the topic appeals, perhaps ask your library to order a
copy?

Sincerely,

Mark Pedelty

Associate Professor of Communication Studies
Resident Fellow, Institute on the Environment
Affiliate Faculty of Anthropology
University of Minnesota

Ecomusicology.net