2013 EC Publication Bulletin

David Boromisza-Habashi dbh at COLORADO.EDU
Wed Jan 29 19:00:45 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Let me ask you again to send me references to books, scholarly articles, or book chapters that you published in 2013 and that exemplify, or draw on, the EC  tradition.

I recall having been asked this question in the past: What standards do I use to determine whether or not a given publication counts as EC research? My answer this year is the same as it was before: I will let you decide. To my mind, the purpose of the Publication Bulletin is not to canonize certain types of research as “proper EC” and to dismiss others as “not EC enough.” Rather, the purpose of the Bulletin is to give ETHNOCOMM subscribers a sense of the kind of scholarship the EC tradition currently inspires.

I have heard from some subscribers that they had made good use of last year’s Bulletin in their research and teaching. Let’s keep each other informed about our work this year as well! Please send your references by February 10 to dbh at colorado.edu<mailto:dbh at colorado.edu> and I will send out the 2013 EC Publication Bulletin in mid-February.

--
David Boromisza-Habashi, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, Department of Communication, University of Colorado Boulder

http://colorado.academia.edu/DavidBoromiszaHabashi