Reminder: Call for Papers GURT 2015 "Diversity and Super-Diversity"
didemnokta at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 2 01:21:54 UTC 2014
It's two weeks before the deadline for receipt of abstracts for GURT.
Please find below the conference call for papers. Apologies for
CALL FOR PAPERS
Diversity and Super-Diversity:
Sociocultural Linguistic Perspectives
GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY, Washington D.C.,
March 13-15, 2015
The objective of GURT 2015 is to foster and advance a reflection on the
ways in which linguistic and communicative practices are affected by and
contribute to diversity and on the theoretical-methodological challenges
that accounting for such phenomena poses to sociocultural linguistics.
GURT invites papers that explore the connections between diversity and
linguistic/communicative practices. We are particularly (although not
exclusively) interested in the following topics:
- The impact of diversity on sociocultural linguistic theory and research
- The relationships between diversity and hybridity in linguistic and
- Challenges and responses to linguistic and cultural diversity in
different institutional and non institutional domains
- Diversity and the construction/negotiation of identities
- The use of linguistic and other semiotic resources within new practices
involving diverse communities
- Language policies and diversity issues in the public space
- Diversity of genres, practices and participation frameworks in mediated
- Diversity and time/space scales
Deadline for submission of abstracts: October 15, 2014
To post to the ETHNOCOMM list, to search the archives, or to change your subscription visit the list's home page at http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/ethnocomm.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ethnocomm