[Ethnocomm] Blue Sky Workshop at ICA

David Boromisza-Habashi dbh at Colorado.EDU
Mon Feb 16 05:31:04 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Leah Sprain and I proposed a Blue Sky Workshop to ICA late last year. (Thanks to Donal Carbaugh for the nudge that set things in motion!) Our proposal was accepted, and the BSW titled "Ethnographers of Communication Joining Theoretical Conversations Outside Their Subfield: Challenges and Possibilities" will be one of the 20 BSWs offered at this year's convention in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

We were not given a time slot yet, but you can already read the description of our BSW here: http://www.icahdq.org/conf/2015/blueskyworkshops.asp#ethnographers

We have four confirmed speakers: Donal, Patricia Covarrubias, Evelyn Ho, and Chaim Noy.

I know many of you will not be able to make it to San Juan. However, as you can see in the description of the BSW, Leah and I are planning to continue the conversation at ICA here, on the Ethnocomm list. We are looking forward to these conversations!

Cheers, David

--
David Boromisza-Habashi, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Communication, University of Colorado Boulder