[Ethnocomm] Theory Blue Sky Workshop at ICA Puerto Rico

David Boromisza-Habashi dbh at Colorado.EDU
Thu Jun 4 20:08:37 UTC 2015

Dear Ethnocommers,

As some of you already know, Leah Sprain and I organized a Blue Sky Workshop during ICA's annual convention in San Juan, Puerto Rico (https://www.icahdq.org/conf/2015/blueskyworkshops.asp#ethnographers). We designed the workshop to initiate a conversation about the challenges and possibilities of theoretical engagement between ethnographers of communication and scholars drawing on other theoretical traditions. Our presenters (Donal Carbaugh, Patricia Covarrubias, Evelyn Ho and Chaim Noy) generated a fascinating discussion. Leah and I are currently processing notes Leah took during the workshop. We will soon post a document online that will, we hope, generate further discussion here, on the Ethnocomm list, about theorizing well across theoretical traditions.

You will hear from us soon!

Cheers, David

--
David Boromisza-Habashi, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Communication, University of Colorado Boulder