[Ethnocomm] course in Communication, Culture, and Globalization

David Boromisza-Habashi dbh at Colorado.EDU
Wed Mar 25 14:41:36 UTC 2015

Hi Ethnocommers,

I am scheduled to teach a senior seminar (advanced undergraduate students) on Communication, Culture, & Globalization in the fall of 2015. In the past, I have taught a number of courses that addressed the relationship between communication and culture, but this is the first time I will include a globalization component.

I would be immensely grateful if you could (1) recommend textbooks and/or texts that could be productively used to cover globalization in an advanced undergraduate course (preferably from an ethnographic / discourse perspective), and (2) send me past syllabi you designed and/or used to teach communication, culture, and globalization.

Thank you,

David

--
David Boromisza-Habashi, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Communication, University of Colorado Boulder