[Ethnocomm] e-seminar closed

David Boromisza-Habashi david.boromisza at colorado.edu
Mon Feb 22 19:25:13 UTC 2016

Hello All,

This email marks the official closing of the first Ethnocomm e-seminar. Let me mention a few things before we move on to other conversations.

First, the most valuable gifts academics of any rank (from grad student to emeritus) can bestow upon one another are time and attention. Participating in this e-seminar made me feel like a valued member of a diverse, vibrant, and generous community, for which I am grateful. I am particularly grateful to Tamar and Wendy for taking the time to craft and share such thoughtful and though-provoking essays.

Second, any member of this list can organized and run an e-seminar like the one we are concluding today! Feel free to get in touch with me off-list (dbh at colorado.edu) if you have an idea for an e-seminar.

Third, our first e-seminar was archived here: http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ethnocomm/2016-February/date.html . Attachments are listed as web links - click these and the original Word document or pdf will pop up.

Thanks again to all ethnographers and fellow travelers who subscribe to this list for participating in this e-seminar which, I hope, was the first of many.

Cheers, David

--
David Boromisza-Habashi, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Communication, University of Colorado Boulder