[Ethnocomm] First Ethnocomm e-seminar starting February 1

David Boromisza-Habashi david.boromisza at colorado.edu
Tue Jan 19 06:41:25 UTC 2016

Dear Ethnocommers,

This is a reminder that the first ever ethnography of communication e-seminar will launch on February 1 on this listserv. The e-seminar will start with Wendy Leeds-Hurwitz's response to a recent theoretical essay by Tamar Katriel titled "Expanding ethnography of communication research: Toward ethnographies of encoding" (http://bit.ly/1PKOaUG).

ALL ETHNOCOMM SUBSCRIBERS will be invited to respond to Tamar, Wendy, and to each other for 2-3 weeks after the kickoff date. Tamar will post a brief response to everyone around February 17. We are planning to officially close the e-seminar around February 24.

I will send out some more details regarding participation in the e-seminar about a week before February 1.

I hope you are as excited about this event as I am, and that you are already planning to contribute to the discussion. I can't stress enough that EVERYONE will be welcome to comment regardless of academic rank, institution, and/or country of origin. Also, please feel free to encourage others who may be interested in this event to subscribe to Ethnocomm using this link: http://listserv.linguistlist.org/mailman/listinfo/ethnocomm

Cheers, David

--
David Boromisza-Habashi, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Communication