[Ethnocomm] recent work on overlap/interruptions

Munoz, Kristine L kristine-fitch at uiowa.edu
Sun Oct 22 17:47:53 UTC 2017

Dear colleagues,

This time last year I was on a panel that watched the Presidential "debates" and commented on various aspects of the verbal and nonverbal behavior.  I focused on overlap/interruption, based on my admittedly out of date awareness of the literature. Now someone from that panel is following up with a more systematic study of the transcripts and would like real citations. Could you please help me out with recent or classic work?

Thanks -

Kristine

kristine-fitch at uiowa.edu<mailto:kristine-fitch at uiowa.edu>

Kristine Muñoz                                                                                       Office hours Fall 2017:
Professor and Director of Undergraduate Studies                           Tuesdays 2-3:30 BCSB 257
Spanish and Portuguese                                                                       Wednesdays 1:00-3:15 PH 408
Professor, Communication Studies                                                         and by appointment
University of Iowa