[Ethnocomm] Interest in a virtual conference in Summer 2021

Leah Sprain leah.sprain at colorado.edu
Thu Oct 8 16:32:45 UTC 2020

Hi all,

As some of you may know, the Community and Social Interaction faculty at University of Colorado Boulder (David Boromisza-Habashi, Natasha Shrikant, and me) have long been planning on hosting the next in the series of ethnography of communication conferences this May in Boulder since ICA is in Denver.

Obviously planning looks different during a pandemic.

ICA has already committed to being hybrid with in-person and virtual attendance options. We're trying to gauge the interest in a *virtual* ethnography of communication conference. To aid our planning, we'd welcome any feedback you have on the survey here.

SURVEY<mailto:Ethnocomm at listserv.linguistlist.org>

We don’t mention pricing in the survey because we hope it will be really affordable (even free for grad students) so don’t let that be a key deterrent.

You’ll see in the survey that we have been thinking about the conference theme Social Change: Methods and Modes. You’ll have a chance to weigh-in on that theme. We would expect being able to accept a wide range of ethnography of communication work. But we’re also keen to help build intellectual discussions in our department, and we see this theme as letting us do so.

Thanks for taking the time to fill out the survey so we can plan with your input in mind. In case the earlier survey link is broken, here’s the ugly version you can copy and paste:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSczW-yY0h4Fl8Ma4vyUnsQhMoVufEGAz0-sqayYD3Zg9e2kkA/viewform

Take care,
Leah

Leah Sprain | Associate Professor | University of Colorado Boulder
Pronouns: she/her/hers