[etnolinguistica] Anúncio: SSILA/SLA no Encontro da AAA (Chicago, 19-23/nov/2003)

Linguistica no Museu linguasindigenas at YAHOO.COM
Tue Mar 11 05:25:04 UTC 2003

Um anúncio de última hora, extraído do Boletim da SSILA:

* SLA/SSILA sessions at AAA (Chicago, Nov.19-23)
>>From Leanne Hinton (hinton at socrates.berkeley.edu) 27 Feb 2003:

Although SSILA will be having its primary meeting with the LSA from
now on, we are also developing a closer relationship with the Society
for Linguistic Anthropology, and will be submitting some SSILA sessions
through the SLA for this year's AAA meeting in Chicago (November 19-23).
As in previous years, papers are welcome on any topic in linguistics or
linguistic anthropology dealing with indigenous American languages.

Since SSILA no longer has a formal agreement with the AAA, we will be
working through the SLA for our papers.  SSILA has no "guaranteed slots"
now, but hopefully most of our sessions will be accepted. We will also
have a SSILA business meeting at the AAA, where we can discuss the way
we have handled things this year and decide if we should make any
changes.

How to submit papers
--------------------
This year, the AAA is strongly encouraging on-line submissions, and
charges an extra $35 for proposals submitted by mail!  To submit your
abstract, go to the AAA meetings home page at

http://www.aaanet.org/mtgs/mtgs.htm

and follow directions.  They will ask you to pay your fees on-line, so
have your credit card ready.  To make sure your paper gets into the
right session, when you get to the submission form select "Society for
Linguistic Anthropology" as your "review section."

The FIRM deadline for all submissions is April 1, 2003.

If you have questions, please e-mail me (hinton at socrates.berkeley.edu),
or the SLA program chair, Jack Sidnell (jack.sidnell at utoronto.ca).
(If they are technical questions about how to submit, definitely ask
Jack!)

I look forward to our sessions in Chicago!

          --Leanne Hinton
                Dept. of Linguistics, UC Berkeley
                                           (hinton at socrates.berkeley.edu)

Seção de Etnolingüística, Museu Antropológico
Universidade Federal de Goiás
Campus I, Praça Universitária
74001-940 Goiânia, Goiás, BRASIL

"Linguista sum: linguistici nihil a me alienum puto."
(Roman Jakobson, 1896 - 1982)