last call, NEW DEADLINE

Hein van der Voort hvoort at XS4ALL.NL
Sat Nov 1 20:22:03 UTC 2008

Last call for papers in the symposium on "Reduplication in Amazonian
languages," 53rd International Congress of Americanists (ICA), Mexico
City 19-24 July 2009.

Dear colleagues,

There has been renewed interest in the phenomenon of reduplication during
the last decade, but Amazonian languages are usually underrepresented in
the discussion. Therefore we are organizing a symposium at next year’s
International Congress of Americanists. A description of the symposium is
to be found at http://www.53ica.com/simposios/lit/2/lit17.pdf. We are
pleased to announce the participation of Prof. Bernhard Hurch of the
University of Graz in Austria (see the Graz typological database project
on reduplication at http://reduplication.uni-graz.at/.)

There is still room for proposals in the symposium. Those interested
should contact the organizers Gale Goodwin Gómez (ggoodwin at ric.edu) or
Hein van der Voort (hvoort at xs4all.nl) as soon as possible, since there is
a NEW DEADLINE. Please send us no later than 13 November 2008 your name
and affiliation, title of your talk, an abstract of 200 words at the
most, and five key words. Talks can be in English, Portuguese or Spanish.

Please be aware that you must pay a registration fee of 150 US Dollars by
31 December 2008. More information on registration can be found on the
conference website (www.53ica.com.)

Best regards,

Gale Goodwin Gómez
Professor, Department of Anthropology
Rhode Island College, Providence, R.I., U.S.A.
email: ggoodwin at ric.edu
phone: +1-401-456-9623, fax: +1-401-456-9736

Hein van der Voort
Researcher, Department of Linguistics
Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
email: hvoort at xs4all.nl
phone: +31-20-693-4541, fax: +31-24-361-1070