Call for Papers: WSCLA 18

Lev Michael levmichael at BERKELEY.EDU
Fri Nov 30 01:44:51 UTC 2012

18th Workshop on Structure and Constituency in the Languages of the Americas
University of California, Berkeley, April 5-7, 2013

Call for Papers

Abstract submission deadline: January 14, 2013 (Note optional early submission and notification for international presenters, below)

Abstracts are invited for papers in any area of formal linguistics (including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, and pragmatics) within any theoretical framework. We welcome papers that address diachronic, sociolinguistic, or applied topics from a formal perspective, and we are especially interested in papers seeking to relate the interests of formal linguists and the concerns of indigenous communities.

We are pleased to announce the following confirmed invited speakers:

	• Judith Aissen (UC Santa Cruz)
	• Ewa Czaykowska-Higgins (Victoria)
	• Monica Macaulay (Wisconsin)
	• B'alam Mateo Toledo (CIESAS)
	• Joyce McDonough (Rochester)
	• Andrés Salanova (Ottawa)
	• Maziar Toosarvandani (MIT)
	• Lorna Williams (Victoria)

WSCLA 18 will run all day on Friday and Saturday, April 5-6, and through mid-day on Sunday, April 7. We expect a volume of papers to appear in the UBCWPL series.

Abstract submission guidelines

Please follow the guidelines below. Write to wscla18 at socrates.berkeley.edu with any questions.

	• Submit abstracts by email to wscla18 at socrates.berkeley.edu in PDF format, with the filenamePaperTitle.pdf (where PaperTitle is the title or a clear abbreviated version of it. No punctuation or spaces.)
	• Abstracts should be anonymous. Author name(s) should not appear in the abstract or file name.
	• Abstracts should not exceed 2 pages in length including references and examples (minimum 12pt font size, 1 inch margins).
	• Submissions are limited to two abstracts per author, including at most one single-authored abstract. (In other words, you may contribute to two co-authored abstracts, or to one co-authored abstract plus one single-authored abstract.)

Abstract submission deadline: January 14, 2013
Notification of acceptance: January 19, 2013

International participants

Citizens of countries who would require a visa to enter the US may submit WSCLA 18 abstracts early and will receive early notification, in order to have more time to complete the visa application process. Those submitting abstracts in this category should identify their nationality in their submission emails.

Early abstract deadline: December 10, 2012
Early notification: December 12, 2012

*******

Lev Michael
Assistant Professor
Department of Linguistics
University of California, Berkeley
levmichael at berkeley.edu

------------------------------------

Nosso website reúne links para diversos recursos online,
incluindo:

*Teses (www.etnolinguistica.org/teses)
*Periódicos (www.etnolinguistica.org/periodicos)
*Línguas indígenas na mídia (www.etnolinguistica.org/imprensa)
*Outros websites de interesse (www.etnolinguistica.org/sites)

Para sugerir novos links ou corrigir links desatualizados,
escreva para links at etnolinguistica.org. Para informar-se sobre novos acréscimos ao website, visite http://twitter.com/etnolinguistica

O uso dos recursos da lista Etnolingüística baseia-se no
reconhecimento e aceitação de suas diretrizes. Para conhecê-las,
visite www.etnolinguistica.org/normas

<*> Para sair deste grupo, envie um e-mail para: