tese Ikpeng

Evandro Bonfim evandrobonfim at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 27 20:59:21 UTC 2014

Não entendo porque o ramo pekodiano é dado como fato consumado nos estudos sobre a família Caribe.Evandro Bonfim

From: corbera at uol.com.br
To: etnolinguistica at yahoogrupos.com.br
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 18:29:48 -0300
Subject: [etnolinguistica] tese Ikpeng

Oi pessoal,
A tese de doutorado de Angela Chagas sobre "o Verbo Ikpeng: estudo morfossintático e semântico-lexical" já está disponivel para download na biblioteca digital da UNICAMP.

http://www.bibliotecadigital.unicamp.br/document/?code=000915685&opt=3

Abstract: This dissertation's main goal is to mak.e a morphosyntactic study of the Ikpeng language verbs (Karib family; Pekodian branch), from a lexical-semantic approach, based mainly on the work ofLevin (1993), Levin and Hovav (1995) and Hale and Keyser (2002). ln this work, we present the categorization processes (verb formation from non-categorized roots), verb (re)categorization processes (verb derivation from nominal and adjectival roots), as well as the valence change processes (transitivity and intransitivity). We summarise the tense-aspectual morphology, that was previously described by Pachêco (1997, 2001) and Campetela (1997), in order to clarify issues that were pending in the work previously proposed for lkpeng language. New series of personal prefixes were identilled, which contributed mainly to explain the transitive verb agreement system, which is governed by the fact that verbal arguments are or are not speech act participants, allowing us to explain the person marking on the transitive verb as a ( direct-) inverse system, alignment attested in severa! Cariban languages. We also proposed the existence of two types of intransitive verbs in the language: the externally caused, that alternate the valence and are marked with the SA prefix; and the internally caused, which are non-alternating and carry the Sp prefixes. We also make a brief discussion on the existence or not of number agreement in the Ikpeng language. From the observation ofthe verbal behavior in transitive alternations, we propose that there are two semantic types ofverbs, in Ikpeng: the dyadics (transitive and externally caused intransitive) and the monadic ones (internally caused intransitive). Based on the verbal behavior in transitive alternation, and in its formation/derivation process, we make a proposal for analyzing the argument structure ofthe verbal types identified. This analysis is based on the work of Hale and Keyser (2002), for whom the type of argument structure of each word class is determined from the semantic features of its root. We propose that the transitive and the intransitive verbs that are semantically monadic (internally caused verbs) have a monadic argument structure; and that the intransitive verbs that are semantically dyadic (externally caused verbs) has a dyadic argument structure. Finally, we also make a proposal for a lexical projection for transitive verbs locative.

Angel Corbera Mori
IEL-UNICAMP