Creative Genius

Karl V. Teeter kvt at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Thu Nov 11 17:30:32 UTC 1999

Dear Jill, your speculation is interesting, but I fear it is not supported
by the etymologies of grammar and glamour. These are variants of the same
word and associated because in the middle ages grammar was one of the seven
lively arts, and as such  inherently mystical, and glamorous. Some
linguists still find it so and not, I think, on a gender-related
basis.  Yours, kvt  (=Karl V.Teeter, Professor of Linguistics, Emeritus,
Harvard University