Fwd: another possible idea

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Apr 20 18:43:03 UTC 2000

Alexa Champion writes:

>I was responding to Laurence Horn's request for help. Thought that might be
>a place to look for answers to this students question that seemed to be a
>cultural studies and/or women's studies question.
>
>Alexa Champion
>master's candidate @ cct.georgetown.edu

Actually, I was a participant last term in the biweekly interdisciplinary
Women's and Gender Studies-sponsored get-togethers (mostly of graduate
students) that Elizabeth Busbee mentions below, but this term they
conflicted with one of my courses.  I'm not sure that anyone in the
biweekly seminar would have been able to direct me to research on gender
differences in the language of popular songs (or, for that matter, in
speech to children or computer-mediated conversation, the questions I asked
about earlier--these are all relatively specialized topics).  I am grateful
indeed (as are my Language, Sex & Gender students) for the suggestions of
other participants in FLING on these topics; if I knew of an equally useful
local alternative source for research pointers, I'd be happy to make use of
it.

larry

[content of original message deleted here]