Fwd: question

Ingrid Piller piller at UNI-HAMBURG.DE
Wed Feb 2 14:29:13 UTC 2000

there's a book by Ernst Leisi. 1993 _Paare und Sprache_ Tuebingen: utb.
[couples and language; it's in German] - and he collected and classified
terms of endearment that his students in Zurich reported to him
(anonymously). You'll find everything you ever wanted to read about terms of
endearment: terms for body parts, pet names, other animal names (many of
them pretty disgusting, actually), diminutives, all kinds of language play
(with Standard German, Swiss German, French, English etc.), gendered usage
etc. - if your friend reads German, this is the perfect source.