two requests for research pointers

Georg Marko georg.marko at KFUNIGRAZ.AC.AT
Thu Mar 30 10:14:20 UTC 2000

On the question concerning gender issues in children's text books. There
is a Lancaster M.A. dissertation with exactly this topic:

GLASS, Julia Ann: A study of the representation of females in children's
literature.

As far as I remember (I did my M.A. there), she did a corpus analysis.
So this should be of real relevance to your student.

The problem is of course how to get hold of an M.A. dissertation. Well,
I am not sure, but Julia used to be a PhD at Lancaster so the Department
of Linguistics and Modern English Language should know how to contact
her. The address is:
http://www.ling.lancs.ac.uk/

Hope this helps

Georg
--
Mag. Georg Marko, M.A.
Institut fuer Anglistik (Department of English Studies)
e-mail: georg.marko at kfunigraz.ac.at

                 Die nichts verspricht und trotzdem alles hält
                                                    (BAP)