Literacy issues - women in prison

Amy L Sheldon asheldon at TC.UMN.EDU
Fri Nov 24 15:22:10 UTC 2000

There is a Women's Prison Book Project here in Minneapolis, collecting
book donations for prisoners.  There are stories about how hard it is to
get books in, letters of appreciation from the prisoners for the books,
etc.  If you are interested I can try to connect you to it.  It is being
run out of ARISE bookstore in Mpls, by volunteers, of course.  This info
could broaden your course context out in important ways - new twists on
literacy.
 Amy Sheldon