Conference -- IGALA 2, Lancaster University (April 12-14, 2002)

dina dahbany-miraglia ddmqcc at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Sun Mar 18 14:10:34 UTC 2001

hi. your loci don't work. can you fix them? or shall we access your site
and e-mail manually?

Dr June Luchjenbroers wrote:

>  Please pass this message on to anyone you think who may be interested
> hoping to see you in Lancaster in April 2002.
>
> With apologies for cross-postings.
>
> =========================
>
> The Department of Linguistics and Modern English Language at
> Lancaster University, UK, is pleased to announce that in 2002
> we will be hosting IGALA2,  the Second International Gender
> and Language Association Conference (formerly Berkeley
> Women and Language Conference).
>
> The dates are April 12-14, 2002.
>
> Plenary speakers so far include Penny Eckert (Stanford University),
> Norman
> Fairclough (Lancaster University) and Sara Mills (Sheffield Hallam
> University).  Judith Butler and Deborah Cameron have also been
> invited.
>
> For details, including of registration, accommodation and submission
> of
> abstracts, see
> http://www.ling.lancs.ac.uk/groups/gal/igala2.htm
>

> For enquiries, please e-mail igala2 at lancs.ac.uk
>

> > Conference organisers:  Penny Eckert
> >      Sara Mills
> >      Sally McConnell-Ginet
> >      Jane Sunderland
> >
> > Lancaster organisers:  Paul Baker (Website designer)
> >     Nancy Lin
> >     Michi Shiina
> >     Juliane Schwarz
> >     Stephanie Suhr
> >     Jane Sunderland
>
>    with Catherine Sangster (IGALA UK)
>

> Jane Sunderland
> Director of Studies, PhD in Applied Linguistics by Thesis and
> Coursework
> Dept. of Linguistics and Modern English Language
> Lancaster University
> Lancs. LA1 4YT       UK
>
> Tel. no. 01524 593037
>
> ------------------------
> June Luchjenbroers (PhD)
> Linguistics Dept                               Ph:   44 + (0)1248 + 38
> 8205
> University of Wales at Bangor      Fax: 44 + (0)1248 + 38 2928
> Gwynedd, LL57 2DG                      Email: junel at bangor.ac.uk
> Wales, U.K.                        URL: http://www.bangor.ac.uk/ling/

Dina Dahbany-Miraglia Ph.D.
Department of Speech Communication & Theater Arts
Humanities 125
Queensborough Community College CUNY
Bayside NY 11364
718 631-6284/5