MAKING SOCIAL SCIENCE MATTER

Scott Kiesling kiesling+ at PITT.EDU
Tue May 1 13:12:41 UTC 2001

Hi Bent-
The title and summary of your book reminds me of my late father's work,
who had a book appear in 2000 (Collective Goods, Neglected Goods: Dealing
with Methodological Failure in the Social Sciences). If you don't know
about it, here's a link.
http://www.wspc.com.sg/books/economics/4077.html
If you do know of it I'd like to hear what you think.
Scott
Scott Kiesling, E-mail: kiesling at pitt.edu
Assistant Professor, Department of Linguistics
University of Pittsburgh, 2816 Cathedral of Learning, Pittsburgh, PA
15260
Tel: 412-624-5916, Fax: 412-624-6130

Original Message dated 5/1/01, 3:03:54 AM
Author: Bent Flyvbjerg <bf at I4.AUC.DK>
Re: MAKING SOCIAL SCIENCE MATTER:

Dear colleagues,
With this note I would like to let you know that my new book MAKING
SOCIAL SCIENCE MATTER: WHY SOCIAL INQUIRY FAILS AND HOW IT CAN SUCCEED
AGAIN has just been published by Cambridge University Press. The book is
being published as a CUP textbook. I include the following for your
information:
- The Table of Contents
- The book's back cover text.
I hope this is useful. Please feel free to forward this message to any
relevant person or listserv.
If this mail is of no interest to you, I am sorry and apologize for the
inconvenience. Also apologies for any cross posting.
Best wishes,
Bent Flyvbjerg, Professor
Aalborg University, Dept. of Development and Planning
9220 Aalborg, Denmark
email: flyvbjerg at i4.auc.dk